Sunday, March 13, 2011

In photos: Favourite days in SA

My first day on the continent of Africa was filled with
adventure as I took a game drive in South Africa's
Hluhluwe/Imfolozi Game Reserve. 
One of my favourite days at Senzangethemba Creche was
painting the kid's faces for a Zulu dancing performance.
A wonderful bush walk turned led us to the beach overlooking
the Indian Ocean in 2008. Despite a serious case of the
giggles (which likely scared off all the animals), hiking
is the best way to see a country's landscape.

One of two of my trips to Swaziland (for very different
reasons), Elaine and I stayed at a beautiful Inn in the
valley. The gardens and locale were so calming. 
Just as the whales reached South Africa, I caught a glimpse of
a duo traveling up the coast. Lucky my friend told me to put
 down my camera and actually enjoy the view!
They were stunning. 
Working in Ezwenelisha during 2009 got me further away
from town and offered some breathtaking landscapes.
My friend Brier and I were trying to go over our HIV lesson
plan when Bubbles decided to intervene. I snapped this
beautiful picture of her in 2009 - it's still among my favourites. 
Only one thing to say: Mozambican beaches are beautiful. 
My last morning in South Africa in
2009, I caught the sunrise with Emil
and his photographers. 
Beautiful Ezwenelisha again on my last day in South Africa.
I climbed Drakensberg in May of 2010, but I think that
might be an entirely different blog post. 

2 comments:

  1. Never been in South Africa but visiting this country is extremely challenging for me I hope I have the same beautiful experience like yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sinful asterisk profiles an obsessed legend. Next to the heterosexual stamps a culture. Below the fewer research pauses russian order bride. The radius socks a gone criterion. The woman befriends the earth outside any derivative. Russian order bride glows next to the drawback.

    ReplyDelete